If Banksy ever came to Brisbane, I’m almost certain that he would bunk-up at the TRYP Fortitude Valley Hotel
. With every floor artfully decorated by a renowned graffiti artist, this 65-room boutique hotel makes the perfect base for an inner-city break or staycation. Situated on the doorstep of Brunswick st, Chinatown, and just about everything that makes Brisbane cool, TRYP
has been thoughtfully designed with the modern hipster in mind. I had the pleasure of staying at TRYP
a few weekends ago and walked away pretty impressed. Here are seven reasons why you should check into TRYP
this weekend (and every weekend after for that matter!).
1. There is FREE in-room WiFi and it is fast. As a blogger and solid member of Gen-Y, I think it is absurd that hotels are not offering fast and free internet to their inhabitants. Mc’Donalds give you free WiFi for the price of a 50c cone for goodness sake! Luckily the people behind TRYP Fortitude Valley think this is absurd too and so, the interwebs are at your fingertips!
2. It’s Friday night and you’re getting hungry but can’t be bothered to drag your lazy hipster butt out the door for some food. Good thing that Chur Burger, one of Brisbane’s most popular burger bars, is literally downstairs. And if you really cant be bothered, they will bring it up to your room.
3. If you squint your eyes and make the room just a little blurry, the blue fluorescent lights make you feel like you are in spaceship. Who doesn’t want to feel like they are in spaceship? Nobody, that’s who.
4. Bathrooms are usually not very inspiring places. I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sure my bathroom has twelve species of mold growing in it. However, with matte black bathroom fixtures and a custom designed graffitied sink, TRYP Fortitude Valley makes bathrooms cool!
5. The location doesn’t get much better than this. It’s just a short walk from the heart of Fortitude Valley but is just far enough away that the Valley (as we affectionately call it) and its drunken shenanigans, so you won’t be kept awake all night.
6. Forgot your iPhone charger? Plug it into the iPhone dock on your bedside table! Forgot a book to (pretend to) read over breakfast? Pop into the little library on the second floor! Need to wash away the shame of your questionable behaviour the night before? Jump into your own personal spa and make sure you turn it up really hot! But seriously,TRYP Fortitude Valley have thought of everything that you might need.
7. TRYP‘s rooftop bar UP!, although not offering spectacular views, does offer a very well appointed cocktail list, beer selection and an array of share plates that are very tasty and best served one after the other, after the other, after the other. When you inevitably have too many beverages, all you need to do is get someone to point you in the direction of your room and five seconds later you’ll be in BED! None of that waiting in a huge line, hailing a cab nonsense (I’m getting old y’all).
So whether you’re heading to Brisbane for a short stay or are a local seeking adventure, TRYP should be on your hit-list. And if you need some inspiration on what to do while in Brisbane, check out our post on 24 Hours In Brisbane here
, or download a free copy of the Insider’s Guide To Brisbane here
for all our tips and tricks. Don’t forget to tag #BTinsidertip to let us know what you’re up to!
Still not convinced? Keep scrolling, you’ll be packing your bags in no time!
Here’s what you need to know:
Address: TRYP Brisbane, 14-20 Constance St, Fortitude Valley.
Prices: Rooms Start at about $169 on a Sunday night. Saturdays sit at around $190 mark and rise towards the middle of the week.
All images supplied by TRYP Brisbane.