We know you all love supporting the local community and getting out and about to explore the best of Brisbane, so we are thrilled to fill you in on an upcoming event that you simply must attend – the Stones Corner Festival!
Sponsored by the good folks at the Stones Corner Hotel and put on by Our Stones Corner, the Stones Corner Festival is returning for its third year and once again has plenty to offer for the whole family – food, drinks, music, entertainment, shopping… the lot!
Join us on Sunday May 29th as the hub of Stones Corner is transformed into a vibrant street festival. To give you a taste of what’s to come, here are 7 things that you cannot miss at the Stones Corner Festival:
- MUSIC: ARIA Award winners Taxiride are headlining the festival with triple ARIA Award winners The Badloves. If that’s not enough to get you swinging and swaying, a host of Brisbane bands will also take the stage this year, including Halfway, Mexico City, Tyrone Noonan and Triple J Unearth’d artist Donnelle Brooks.
- CRAFT BEER: Some of Australia’s best craft beer and cider breweries will be popping up this year, including our favourites Stone & Wood, James Squires, Matilda Bay, Burleigh Brewing, Coopers, Mountain Goat, Green Beacon, Little Creatures, Newstead Brewing and more!
- FOOD: All of your favourite Stones Corner restaurants and cafes will have exclusive offerings on the day
- MORE FOOD: If you love a good food truck, then you’re going to go loco for this line-up that will be scattered around the street for the Stones Corner Festival. The World Food Markets have authentic street food covered with Carolina Kitchen, Char Baby, Greek Street Kantina, Hett’s n Ice Shaved Ice, King Of The Wings, Little Back, Sate House Catering PTY LTD, Smokin’ Pizza, The Frying Piggy, Reid Street Kitchen, Fiery Deli, Cheese & Deli Kitchen. YUM!
- SHOP: Over 40 stalls will be set up along the street and run by Saber Events. Think gifts, homewares, art, craft, specialty food, icecream, sweets,books, jewellery, fashion, plants and entertainment. The market is open from midday until 5pm.
- FAMILY FUN: The Stones Corner Festival is for the whole family, so pile into the car and come on down. For the kids, there will be a petting zoo, arts and crafts, face painting and a jumping castle.
- A GOOD CAUSE: Not only is the Stones Corner Festival a whole lot of fun, it’s also a proud supporter of the MND and Me Foundation. In 2015, the festival raised $7,500 for this incredible charity, whose mission is to raise awareness for Motor Neurone Disease and it’s impact on the community. This year is going to be bigger and better!
So, clear your schedule on Sunday May 29th and get on down to the Stones Corner Festival, we’ll see you there!
Sunday May 29th, 12-8pm // Corner of Logan Road and Old Cleveland Road, Stones Corner // Entry is free!