In an era where female domination runs the world (thanks Queen B), sisters are really doing it for themselves (I’m looking at you Kardashian Klan) and there’s no room for bad blood (You go T-Swizzle), it seems the proof is here in the pudding… your #girlsquad totally rules.
And who needs an excuse to round up the gang when fine dining, bubbles and river views are involved. It’s time to get your girls together, pop the Prosecco and indulge this weekend at Sake Restaurant & Bar Eagle Street Pier for the Ultimate Ladies Lunch.
Enjoy a six course set menu with a glass of bubbles ($59 pp) or really spruce things up with 2 hours bottomless sparkling ($110pp) until 2.30pm Saturday and Sunday.
You’re going to want to try this out for yourself…
1. First up, Steamed Edamame with Kingfish Jalapeño with Yuzo Soy. Holy jalapeños. But don’t stress, if you’re not into spicy foods, this dish has just enough to kick start your lavish gossip session.
2. Now this next dish is absolute prawn perfection. Words cannot describe the heaven-in-your-mouth feels when you bite into a Steamed Prawn Shumai. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill. Forget ordinary dumplings, you need to try this now.
3. In between the bubbly top-ups, the laughs and talks on the latest Zara threads, came the Japanese Eggplant Skewers with Niku Chicken Misu and accompanied salad. I don’t know about you, but whenever I try to cook eggplant … it most definitely does NOT turn out like this! Bursting with flavours at every bite, this was an absolute delight and made Miso happy. Not to mention presentation, on point.
4. Just when you think you’re going to roll your way out (see what I did there), the Chicken Karaage Roll landed in the middle of our table as part of the Chef’s Sushi Selection. And boy did he choose good – Arigato. Made with the freshest of the fresh, this truly hit the savoury spot
5. All hail dessert queens. Meet Nihon Nemesis. A delicate flourless chocolate cake with raspberry kanten matcha, raspberry sorbet and honeycomb. Three words: SWEET. BABY. YUM. Our wonderful waitress tried to describe the delicacy, intricacy and scrumptious flavours combined in this dessert, but nothing could compare. This is what dessert dreams are made of.
And that’s a wrap! Curated to surprise and delight, the set-menu left us feeling happy, content and surprisingly light! That means more room for bubbles right? But seriously, this menu has been so refined to perfection, allowing plenty of time to let the champagne flow and experience true, fresh and flavoursome Japanese cuisine.
So put on your best dress, leave the boys at home and #treatyourself.