I hope you don’t have any plans for this Thursday night, because you won’t want to miss the Marie Claire Up Late event!
This Thursday the 3rd of April, buzzing James Street in Fortitude Valley will come alive for a special event made for Brisbane’s shopaholics and fashionistas. Hosted by the Marie Claire team, who will be roaming the street, the event includes special promotions, collection previews, discounts (yay!), gifts and much much more!
Here’s our top ten must-do guide for this years Marie Claire Up Late event, in no particular order of course!
– Meet Marie Claire editor and publisher Jackie Frank at Sixes and Sevens bar as she welcomes guests to the fashion frenzy and introduces the Marie Claire editors
– Score an exclusive gift bag packed full of James Street and Marie Claire goodness.
– Visit the brand new Aje. flagship Brisbane store and chat to designers Edwina Robinson and Adrian Norris
– Indulge the tastebuds with the specialised Up Late menu at Gerard’s Bistro
– Put your face on the cover of a Marie Claire magazine at the photo booth in James Lane
– Chat to Lydia Pearson and Pamela Easton, the creative Australian designers behind the playful prints of Easton Pearson
– Shop up at storm with major discounts, including 30% off storewide at French Connection, 20% off all full-priced Mimco and Kookai merchandise and 15% off everything in store at Zimmerman. You know you can’t resist offers like that!
– Whet your appetite with fine Italian cuisine at Bucci Restaurant
– Visit the live street art exhibition of Christian Palmer, one of the worlds most recognised street artists, who will be performing at REDSEA Gallery from 6pm
As if that’s simply not enough, you can shop over 50 retailers in the James Street precinct, enjoy special promotions, view new collections, get style and beauty advice from the Marie Claire team and meet the collective of designers who are awaiting in their boutiques to offer their styling assistance for the season ahead.
Must catch designers include, Gail Sorronda and Natalie Manwaring of their self-titled labels, as well as Megan Park of Samantha Ogilvie and Gabrielle Thompson and Shannon Gunn of Tom Gunn.
If you haven’t already, clear your schedule and get yourself to James Street from 6-9pm this Thursday April 3, and don’t forget your pocket money!
Oh, and upload your favourite photos from the night to your social media platforms and use the hashtag #JamesStUpLate
For more information visit www.jamesst.com.au