1. How long have you been a hair stylist for? And what inspired you to learn the craft?
I’ve currently been working for Toni&Guy Brisbane for 14 years. Its something I always knew from a very early age that I wanted to do . One of my favourite things to do as a little girl was to go to the hairdresser with my mum. All of the stylists in my eyes were so beautiful and cool and I wanted to be like that someday. Now I am inspired everyday by the passionate people around me who help motivate and drive my creativity in a way that makes me know I have the best job in the world !
2. What do you love most about your work?
Aside from getting to hang out with my friends all day, wearing what I want listening to great music and just genuinely enjoying playing with hair, the most rewarding part is helping to make my clients feel a million dollars, and boosting their self esteem. Nothing beats watching them walk away with the biggest smile and a bounce in their step.
3. What is the most annoying thing clients say to you? #thingspeoplesaytohairdressers
I think the most annoying thing that a client can do is ask for a change but tell me they don’t want to lose any length they don’t want any layers and not open to a fringe. It really makes me think on my feet but in that case, I can then help these clients with fresh ideas in styling their hair in new ways to help them with the change they crave.
4. What advice would you give to someone wanting to get ahead (or even a start) in the industry?
My advice is to go for it. Say yes to everything and enjoy this incredible ride. Work hard and have a great time doing it .
5. What colours can we expect for the warmer months this year?
I’m all about brightening up your colours with baby lights at the moment. Its a great way to update your current look without committing to too much regrowth. Its also an easy way to play around with all the on trend tones we all want to be a part of.
6. What are your tips for keeping your hair in top condition in Brisbane’s climate?
Listen to your hairdresser recommendations about what they think your hair needs are . There is a reason we use the products we do in your hair and you cant expect to go home and get the same results without them. Whether its about creating body texture or adding moisture/ Reducing frizz , There is always something that is going to help you.
7. What is your go-to-style for work?
Lately I have always been keeping it simple with a middle part , tucked behind the ears and I’m loving using the pins as a quirky statement
8. Who is your celebrity hair-crush?
Blake lively !! She can do no wrong by me !
9. What do you love about living in Brisbane?
Whats not to love!!! Great weather , Great people , close to the best beachers in the world. How lucky are we!!!
10. Fave place in Brisbane to eat/drink/shop?
James St! it has everything you could ever need bursting at its seems.