I know it seems like I say this a lot but Spring Food & Wine, located on Felix Street in a quiet corner of the CBD, is THE best. The Brisbane Threads team came together for High Tea today for a devouring of yummy food and a 7-way sugar high disguised as an official team meeting. And let me tell you, it was a delight!
1. Because High Tea (needs no explaining)
2. The food is seriously incredible – think mini quiches, fresh finger sandwiches with organic egg, honey roast ham or Tasmanian smoked salmon, the most scrumptious scones with vanilla cream and chocolate eclairs
3. I’m no coffee or tea drinker, but the cute teacups and mugs made me wish I were. However I know the coffee and tea was good because my fellow High Tea companions enjoyed their beverages with much delight beyond the visual aesthetic of the cups
4. There are beautiful wooden tables, fresh blooms, cushion-covered benches, cute stools and did I mention the teacups?
5. Macarons (need I say more)
6. On a side note – they do cooking classes. Hello macaron master class!
7. The High Tea and regular menu showcases local, seasonal produce which is brought from the farm to the city
8. Goodie bags are available if your struggling to fit everything in but can’t bare the thought of leaving anything behind
9. The staff are charming, welcome you with a smile without fail, and are more than happy to answer your every beck and call
10. Spring does catering, so if you’re like me and loved the High Tea you can chat all things events, weddings and catering with them
And if I haven’t convinced yet, let me tell you that within an hour of walking out of the Spring doors I had organised another High Tea visit with some girlfriends. You know you want to!
Get to Spring pronto and stay tuned to Brisbane Threads, because we’ll be singing their praises some more if I have anything to do with it.
Spring is open from Monday-Friday 7am until late and Saturday 8am until late. On Sunday’s they are closed unless it is a special occasion – they’re open Mother’s Day!
To make a reservation call 3229 0460