Located in the heart of Brisbane’s cultural scene is West End, a suburb where the old meets the new. To breathe new life into this spirited hub and create an urban destination for locals, West End will be welcoming West Village, a global neighbourhood featuring extraordinary contemporary homes layered amongst art, culture, historic buildings, gardens, alfresco dining and inspired retail.
West Village has been designed with inspiration from global destinations like New York, Barcelona, Melbourne and Copenhagen. It’s expected to house more than 1,000 apartments (1, 2 and 3 bedrooms) and include facilities such as cafes, retail stores, fresh food markets, a gym and a swimming pool. Prepare to relax with friends and share some drinks at The Common, an outdoor park at the heart of West Village where you can enjoy the blue skies and gorgeous weather Brisbane has to offer.
To bring the Brisbane locals together, there are plans for 5 lanes scattered throughout the development, filled with a mix of boutique shops, cafes, bars and restaurants to tempt locals. Plus, there will be an additional fresh food marketplace designed around the historic Peters Ice-Cream factory. Be sure to check out some of these areas below when the project is complete:
Factory Lane – Inspired by the Jazz clubs and bars of New York, this lane will be bursting with energy and fun – the new go-to destination for a night out!
Wilson Lane – Compared to a walk through Manhattan’s Chelsea, you will feel a rustic vintage feel transporting you to the past.
Mollison Park – An inviting, open connection from Mollison Street to the heart of West Village, the children’s play area will create a lively hub of activity framed by modern design, fashion, culture and cuisine.
Peters Lane – Named after the Peters Ice-Cream factory which is a strong feature of the development, this lane has been inspired by the bustling and colourful Melbourne laneways filled with cafés and culinary delights.
Wilson Lane – Embracing the ultra-trendy and unique design of Copenhagen, you’ll find delicious food joints here, embracing the modern meets vintage feel.
Not just for the West End locals, the West Village development will bring all Brisbane locals together (cue 450-space public car park and 1,600 bicycle spots!).
Whilst this urban living hub isn’t planning on being completed until 2017, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy what West End has to offer now! Here are a couple things in the suburb that you should definitely visit in the meantime:
- Begin your day at Plenty in Montague Road with one of their delicious breakfasts. They just got a new all-day breakfast menu and we are dying for their Breakfast Bowl!
- Grab a healthy treat at Miss Bliss Wholefoods Kitchen (read more here).
- Shop all the organic produce, flowers and clothing to fill your soul at the Davies Park Market.
- Enjoy something delicious at Suburban Café for either lunch or breakfast! Both healthy and not so healthy…
- Revive with some coffee at Morning After.
- Pick up some necessary and delicious supplies like cheese and wine at The Stores West End , a deli type establishment with fresh produce, butcher and even a restaurant.
- Enjoy some live music at one of their many music venues in West End including Max Watts.
You can check out the residential info for West Village here. We can’t wait for the West Village to be complete, can you?